Halstrom High School specializes in one on one instruction for grades 7-12. We recognize that every student has unique abilities, circumstances and goals. Students and their families value Halstrom's innovative and flexible approach to education. Halstrom is proud to be recognized as a leader in alternative education for over 25 years with campuses in San Diego, Mission Viejo, Vista, Anaheim Hills, and Huntington Beach (opening June 2012).
Halstrom High School is seeking a full-time Director who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and outcomes of the school and for overseeing student recruitment and growth strategies. Candidates intrested in applying for this position should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
This is a full-time, year round position, and with frequent required evening and weekend hours. Travel around the region is required.
School Operations Responsibilities:
• Create and motivate a strong school academic culture.
• Work to increase employee morale on an ongoing basis.
• Build a solid foundation for strong educational practices.
• Work independently while managing and growing all aspects of the school.
• Lead and assess staff members, monitor student progress, and maintain a safe and friendly atmosphere in the school.
• Meet with potential students and their families.
• Observe and effectively evaluate teacher and administrative staff.
• Bring enthusiasm and passion to the school.
• Maintain strong relationships with both the student and parents.
• Seek and encourage student and parent feedback.
• Provide consistent, compassionate service to parents, students and referral sources.
• Provide consistent communication both within the school and with all stakeholders.
• Personal motivation and passion about achieving goals and deadlines.
• Persuasive communication skills.
• Exceed all top line and bottom line targets.
• Monitor and manage school budget including tuition payments.
• Meet all requirements and maintain class approval and good standing with all of Halstrom's accrediting bodies, including but not limited to Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), Northwest Accreditation Committee (NWAC), National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and University of California (UC). Requirements include satisfactory completion of interim self-studies and any accreditation requirements.
• Monitor school activities as the person directly responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and outcomes of the school.
• Assist WASC coordinator in the accreditation process.
• Maintain a solid foundation in best educational practices.
• Understand general California education codes and requirements.
Sales and Marketing:.
• Optimize all local marketing channels that have been identified.
• Manage and respond to all inbound leads. Each lead should be easily tracked at all stages of the process through our Salesforce.com (SFDC) platform.
• Build and foster relationships with local public and private educational institutions.
• Build and foster relationships with local educational consultants, psychologists, etc.
• Participate in marketing events on behalf of the school and company at large.
• Develop an on-the-ground plan that will incorporate a variety of strategies to reach and exceed enrollment goals.
• Conduct enrollment/recruitment events throughout the year that are both face-to-face and online.
• Work in conjunction with the regional Director of Community Engagement and Enrollment during the implementation of enrollment/recruitment efforts.
• Develop awareness of the school among community organizations, businesses, and various educational institutions.
• Utilize staff, advisory councils and board members, as well as their connections, to support enrollment initiatives.
• Partner with parents and students to develop awareness of the school through word-of-mouth campaigns and referrals.
• Utilize images, video, and compelling stories to promote school both internally and externally.
• Assist in recommending updates to the school's public facing website as a space for information relating to and promotion of the school.
• Communicate enrollment events as well as the positive impact that the school is having on students, families and communities through the use of traditional mediums and social media.
• Maintain SFDC database of contacts through local and regional involvement.
• Proper utilization of all school related technology.
• Lead community development efforts for students and parents that will result in an increased enrollment and retention rate:
• Develop an overarching community development plan that will incorporate a variety of strategies to increase student retention.
• Participate actively in local Chambers of Commerce and business, professional, and education organizations as determined through market research and administrative leads.
• Organize communication related to events and opportunities for students and parents. Communicate with staff, parents, students and partners through a variety of formats.
• Identify and coordinate parent volunteers and student leaders that will support the implementation of the community development plan.
• Coordinate and deliver Quarterly Learning Gatherings for students and parents on topics that are relevant and timely.
• Develop and deliver events and communications for students and parents during the summer months to maintain a high level of school engagement.
• Oversee the development and publication of a quarterly school newsletter.
• Identify and establish partnerships with community organizations, governmental agencies, and non-profits that will provide support and resources for families and staff.